For safety reasons, the BLM does not permit untrained citizens to volunteer in wildland firefighting efforts. If you would like to learn more about training as a wildland firefighter or a career in wildland fire, visit BLM’s wildland fire fighting career page.
How can I volunteer to fight California wildfires?
Want to become a volunteer firefighter?
- You need to be 18.
- You will need to have graduated from a fire academy. …
- You will need your State of California EMT or Paramedic card. …
- You will need a clean driving record and to pass a background check.
- Apply and Interview.
Do volunteer firefighters fight wildfires?
— With wildfires continuing to burn in the Northstate and all over California, volunteer firefighters have stepped up and taken the place of local personnel at their stations. … These volunteers can do anything from being sent out to fire wildfires to answering fire calls locally.
Can I volunteer to fight fires in Colorado?
You also may continue as a volunteer or on-call firefighter while maintaining another job, or you may decide to compete for a full-time position. Please visit the National Wildfire Coordinating Group website for more information about becoming a seasonal firefighter or a full-time firefighter.
How do I start doing volunteer work?
Here are the steps you can take to volunteer in your community:
- Decide which causes you care about.
- Identify the skills and knowledge you can offer.
- Create a volunteer resume.
- Determine how often you can volunteer.
- Research volunteer opportunities in your community.
- Consider using a volunteer site.
Do you make money as a volunteer firefighter?
Are volunteer firefighters paid for their work? Volunteer firefighters freely volunteer their efforts as a way of serving and giving back to their community. They often do not receive monetary compensation from the fire department. If they are paid, it is typically in the form of small stipends or annual bonuses.
How do I volunteer to fight forest fires in Oregon?
To Help. Anyone interested in volunteering can do so through the American Red Cross. The Red Cross is operating shelters in Multnomah County and other Oregon communities for people who have been evacuated from the fire zones in neighboring counties.
How can we prevent forest fires naturally?
Forest Fire Prevention Tips
- Obey local laws regarding open fires, including campfires;
- Keep all flammable objects away from fire;
- Have firefighting tools nearby and handy;
- Carefully dispose of hot charcoal;
- Drown all fires;
- Carefully extinguish smoking materials.
How can we help the fires in California?
Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor. To assist wildfire victims, the California Department of Insurance developed a guide to expedite the recovery process.